How I lost 25 Kgs of weight in 6 months - My weight loss journey - My first ever YouTube Video

It's been so long that I wanted to talk about my weight loss Journey and also make a YouTube video out of it. I am an Introvert and horribly socially awkward and you can imagine how difficult it could get to step out of that comfort zone and talk to a video.

No matter how reluctant I was, I did end up doing the video and also succeeded in uploading the video on to YouTube! The reason being, I posted my transformation pic from being about 88 kgs and reducing my weight to 53 kgs and increasing a little bit of muscle weight to 55 Kgs which is I am now.


My friends and relatives, so many of them, started pinging me and congratulating me on how I have transformed myself despite being a new mom. A few of them being new moms themselves told me how they would appreciate if I could give them tips on how I did it.

I swear, I don't mind calling each and every one of them and telling them all about it but it wasn't that easy either. I did so many R&Ds to lose all that weight that it takes at least an hour to give all the tips. My Dear Husband has an idea!! He told me I could do some videos and giving tips in each video so it won't get mixed up with Food tips and exercises and believe me, I laughed out loud. I can talk on phone with friends and family, I can do video call with my family but couldn't imagine myself talking on video and giving out tips.But you know what? One weekend, I came home after having lunch in my favourite restaurant and sat for few hours and taped myself in my mobile just like I take a selfie. It was a "Selfie video"!

You see, I have been trying to talk to my DSLR camera for 3-4 days and then changed it to a small Sony camera thinking it would be comfortable but I still couldn't talk. I kept getting blank and would stand in front of camera for minutes before I walked to it to switch it off. Anyway, after recording, I thought, oh well! I'm finally done but didn't realise that I had loads more to do. Editing, uploading and most important of all, getting mentally ready to receive reviews and feedback about it.

Editing done and when it is time to publish it, I get cold feet. I'm terrified of the reactions I might get from my friends and people I know even though I tried to prepare myself for it. The video is about How I lost weight from being 88 kgs to being 55 kgs. I just spoke about how I got into weight loss journey and what are the basic things to do to start off with the journey. I wish I could talk about every single thing I did in just one video but that will make a hour and a half video or probably more. I'm hoping to post more and more videos on my channel about healthy and long term weight loss.

Anyway, the points/tips that I've covered in my first video are the only things that I actually did when I started to lose weight. Everything else that I'm doing right now, I will post as and when I upload more videos.

I was never "Slim" in my life to begin with and I've always been slightly overweight all my life. I didn't think much about weight till I joined my job. I felt a little uncomfortable when so many girls of my age were being praised for their perfect figure and how awesome they looked. I was told that I looked older than my age probably cos of my "Weight".



I still wasn't as bothered about weight loss but after 2-3 months after I got married, one of my college friends asked me if I was pregnant already! That was the point that I decided to change things. I lost interest in eating food. I started starving myself and I got under depression. Long story short, I had a miscarriage probably because I was too weak. My husband decided that I needed a break so he transferred himself to Europe.

The change of place made a lot of difference. I started to run for an hour everyday, I started eating healthy and when I got pregnant again, my baby was perfectly healthy. But my pregnancy cravings brought my eating disorder back. I ate so much, binged so much that, when I delivered my baby girl, I weighed 88 kgs!



I was under severe depression and after 3 months, I started feeling better when my counselling session started. I searched and researched for some healthy weight loss tips on internet, in magazines and talking to every new mom. I did a lot of R&D and did lose up to 20 kgs. I lost the rest and have maintained after I started weight training.

Here's the video.  I have watched the videos enough times and i'm sure I cant bear to watch it one more time. It's very difficult to see yourself and hear yourself on a video to make sure everything is well and fine to get uploaded. Do let me know what you think.


How to lose/reduce weight naturally : My 25 kgs weight loss transformation : My first Youtube video


This is my second video and you can see that I'm much more confident while speaking. This video is a 12 minutes exercise but is 15 minutes long cos of all my blabbering. I'm hoping to do more workout videos in near future. If anyone wants to talk to me or have any questions for me, you can DM me on Instagram..

12 minute easy fat burning Home workout / Full body workout at home for weight loss

You can follow me on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/poohegde/
or on Facebook (I hardly use!) at https://www.facebook.com/hegde.chandu

Comments

  1. You loosing 25 KG , will set a very good example for every body to follow your advice for weight management. Kudos to you Madam .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent write up and your personal experience shared by you . Keep it up Madam .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts