Depression is REAL!!!

There were days I wished for magic. I wished for someone to understand that it is real and I'm not faking it. I wished for someone to sit and listen to my unending babble and at the same time, I wanted to be left alone!

The feeling of hopelessness, the anxiety, wanting to be alone but not wanting to feel lonely, wanting to be alive and also not wanting to live.... It takes a lot to just get out of bed, do regular chores. ☝️ Depression is real! It's not an excuse or an exaggeration.
They ask, you don't look sad at all.. you don't look depressed at all. You look so happy. How can you be suffering from depression??!! Being sad and being depressed are very different situations. A person suffering from depression feels utterly helpless, abandoned by the world, no one believes, very few can understand and lost with no will to live. They may look fine from the outside but life is painful on the inside.



Everyone talks about physical health but not many understand that mental health is equally important. Depression is so insidious that it is like a cage without a key.
I'm not saying all this just to explain how bad depression is but to make people understand that depression is not the opposite of happiness. It doesn't matter what the person has or does. Having money, friends, great life doesn't wipe away a mental illness.

All a depressed person needs to hear is "I understand that you are hurting and I'm here for you!" 💜💜

Comments